Work at Reverie!
Interested in working at Reverie?
We are hiring for the following positions. Feel free to send your resume + a cover letter detailing your interest for us to keep on file firstname.lastname@example.org
PREP + LINE COOKS
Reverie Café + Bar seeks an experienced and enthusiastic kitchen staff to join our crew. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, adaptable, reliable, and passionate about our mission. Candidates with experience in food service and culinary skills are encouraged to apply. We hope to hire someone immediately. We have prep + line shifts available.
Reverie is a casual, all-day café. We serve delicious plant-based meals for lunch and dinner, a weekend brunch and local craft beer and full coffee bar. Reverie’s new brick and mortar opened in December of 2019. We currently operate a takeout only business, but in the future will reopen to include counter service dining, a patio, catering, and a food truck.
Full Time. Line + Prep Positions Available.
The position has flexible hours - nights and weekends required.
Starting at $18/hour.
Email your resume + a cover letter to Kirstin@ReverieMPLS.com
Reverie is a neighborhood cafe that serves innovative yet approachable 100% plant-based cuisine in a welcoming atmosphere, along with a full coffee bar and a beer + wine bar. Reverie ran a food truck before starting this cafe and are looking to expand our off site offerings. We are seeking an Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager (depending upon experience) who can help Reverie continue to be a top-notch plant based destination.
The ideal candidate has experience with catering and food trucks.
Your responsibilities include:
• Menu development
• Food costing & purchasing
• Working with local vendors
• Daily food production, oversight of prep and expo & line support on busy services
• Oversees execution and food planning for all private events
• Hiring and onboarding of new kitchen staff
• Continual training of staff to meet consistently high quality standards
• Completing performance reviews for kitchen staff
• Monitoring of food and labor cost ratios
• Ensuring quality and consistency that is on-brand and demonstrates exemplary culinary execution
Qualities needed for success:
• Creative and innovative culinary skills
• Appreciates and knows how to run a from-scratch kitchen
• A leader who can foster a good culture and maintain good communication between back of house and front of house
• Upholds exemplary sanitation standards and safety
• Experience with inventory and cost controls
• Thorough knowledge of food handling and preparation techniques
• Consistent career progression and excellent, supportive references
• At least 1 year of experience as an Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Chef de Cuisine or Lead Line Cook
If interested, please send an e-mail with a resume. We will reach back out to schedule an interview for qualified candidates.
Hours - 40 - 50 per week with strong supporting staff
Salaried, Competitive + based on experience; reach out for details $50 -75K + Paid Time Off
Applicants of all backgrounds encouraged to apply